Saturday 24 September 2016

Initial Ideas - Make a Mask of Yourself


To start my response for this brief, I began exploring identity and how that relates to a person and the concept of 'yourself'; things such as self-image, appearance, hobbies and experiences, among others. 


I started by taking 'yourself' literally, sketching out a self-portrait and attempting to incorporate my physical appearance with the idea of my hobbies being my identity. However these turned out a bit soulless, with no real meaning. To take it further I considered what else besides appearance makes up identity and why someone would wear a mask, that is to conceal one's identity. To flip that I considered what if a mask was to expose someone's identity, or a part of it that people rarely see. Tying this into the initial sketch of the record, I came up with the idea of a mask made of two sides, one which shows a part of me everyone sees, and the other a part usually kept hidden.




No comments:

Post a Comment