Saturday 7 January 2017

Visual Narratives - Symbols

To push myself with this brief I wanted to try and pair down and simplify everything I was doing, to prevent me from getting too caught up in making similar work to the past and something that could be very predictable; for example figurative drawings of the town and the people.
The idea of making symbols and telling a story through them stuck with me, and a more graphic, design approach intrigued me to push what I was creating.



These initial drawings left me feeling a bit flat, but I knew there was some potential with them. The challenge of taking an idea or a work or a concept and simplifying it to a few lines and shapes is a tricky one and something I really want to try and push in the future. The fact that a whole story can be told in a few lines is exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment