Thursday 23 February 2017

Acts of Kindness - Initial Responses


  • Bartering
  • Human condition
  • Respect for women
  • Guerilla gardening
  • Anti-cars
  • Anti-Capitalism
  • Against excessive drinking
  • Re-connect to nature
  • Love
  • Meditation
  • Letter writing
This list is my starting point/brainstorm of acts of kindnesses and causes that I feel strongly about. Some of these I haven't pursued for one reason or another, but I have kept referring back to it for new topics to explore.
I seem to find writing really helpful as a default for idea generation. Lists, mind maps, quotes, phrases, words etc, they all help as starting points, as ways to initially get down my thoughts and snippets of what could be of value when I actually start drawing.


These first responses are somewhat typical of my practice, at least in the early stages of projects, but I feel like there is already evidence of where I am heading and wanting to take the work for this brief. The hand studies on this page immediately didn't align with my hopes, so were quickly dropped for being too realistic and accurate. The bottom left design sets the premise of what is to come, in terms of using simple shape and anatomy and a conceptual idea within the images; layering the two translucent hands was attempting the show the swapping of items of equal value. 

In wrestling with the visualisation of bartering without using complex and detailed drawings of that specific action taking place, the idea of a bank note was the most fruitful solution. Needless to say I'm not much of a fan of the final idea, but I can appreciate what I was attempting and can recognise it's value as an idea. 


No comments:

Post a Comment