Friday 17 March 2017

Visual Language - 3D & Lens


It's fairly safe to say that this attempt at working with a lens in 3D was unsuccessful. BUT I had intentions, I just think they were possibly misdirected and perhaps lacking in ambition and/or imagination.

The thing I focussed on was the fact of not using any post production and therefore I was trying to be creative and different with the actual camera rather than just taking a simple still photograph. However in doing so, I paid very little attention to the costume or the composition or the actual story I was trying to tell. Whereas I could have alternatively still told my story of speed through the use of a slow shutter speed, but with proper effort and consideration for character creation and story telling.

I always struggle with 3D and coming up with work that can exist as a physical 'thing' as opposed to just a 2D image on paper. It demands a different approach and a totally different way of thinking, one which I haven't yet developed successfully. This would have been an excellent opportunity to experiment with that, but I fell massively short. 



No comments:

Post a Comment